Friday, January 15, 2010

A Surprising Film

I have been binging as of late... Movie binging that is.


Early last week I stumbled upon a site which gave its opinion of the top 50 movies of the past decade, so I decided to go through the list and watch the ones that deemed worthy of two hours of my life (give or take two hours).

So far, I would compare the accurateness of their top 50, to the accurateness of how close my 2-year-old niece gets to correctly pronouncing hippopotamus. Sure many of the letters that come out of her mouth are in the word itself, but no matter how close she gets to actually saying the word,

She fails.

Now I understand that this comparison is highly limited due to fundamental differences between the two sides but still, I disagree.
People these days seem to give too much credit to certain movies that are 'trying' to be unique/artsy, when in fact they are not.

ALAS, I am not here to rag on them! In fact, it is through this list of movies that I have discovered my new favourite film.
I present, Mary and Max.
Now if you were to take my advice, I would not watch this trailer. Do not watch it. Go watch the movie.
Seriously, do not.





Oh and here is the full song which makes he movie so sensationable.


powered by ODEO

No comments:

Post a Comment